Representations and Warranties Insurance (R&W), is the fastest growing transaction solution in the private equity insurance arena. Equity Risk Partners is at the forefront of this specialized advisory role with dedicated transaction partners, an enhanced delivery model, and unmatched market access.
R&W effectively facilitates a clean exit for sellers and provides buyers with indemnification coverage, typically provided under a purchase agreement, through a third-party insurer. As a result, R&W can deliver a custom indemnity package for buyers (limits, survival, etc.), reduce deal negotiations, and enhance ROI for both buyer and seller.
Our Transaction Risk practice has effectively streamlined the existing coverage process. We have reduced lead-time, program costs and overall execution risk, while adding quality representation, best in class coverage and rapid delivery to Private Equity, Corporate M&A and Enterprise clients. We call it R&W 2.0.
Our unique R&W 2.0 proprietary program offers and solves for the following:
- Alignment with leading global underwriters capable of virtually unlimited variable coverage options
- Utilize premier outside M&A counsel, as necessary vs. in-house generalists typical at large brokers
- Quality minimizes risk – dedicated counsel provides best-in-class and streamlined policy negotiation
- Simplified compensation structure means no complex supplemental fees (in addition to customary commissions); paid only commissions from insurers
- Representation by dedicated professionals intimately familiar with the transactional demands of PE and M&A professionals - where time is paramount, quality is relentless, and ROI is a real metric.