Experienced Brokerage Leverages Years of Expertise to Serve the Evolving Defense, Aerospace and Government Insurance Market
San Francisco — Oct. 2, 2012 — Equity Risk Partners, a full-service insurance brokerage, employee benefits and risk management consulting firm, announced today that it has launched a new practice group dedicated to serving the unique needs of defense, aerospace and government contractors. DefCon Risk Group is dedicated to helping these entities improve their total cost of risk by managing their exposures and indemnification requirements, offering the broadest coverage and accessing the global insurance marketplace for the most competitive pricing.
The aerospace, defense and government contracting sector is broad with high risk and complex regulation. Claims in this area are prevalent and can also be extremely expensive to defend and pay. Equity Risk has been working in this sector since its inception, and has developed a deep expertise and understanding of the unique needs of the market. Many contractors are not appropriately insured and, as insurance companies continue to evolve their policy offerings, DefCon Risk Group can provide the guidance to help them better understand and address their needs.
DefCon Risk Group is led by senior vice president Kim Hennessy. With more than 20 years of insurance experience focused on mid-sized accounts and specializing in defense and government contractors, Hennessy has been with Equity Risk Partners since 2008. Previously, she served in marketing and management roles for Marsh, Willis, Johnson & Higgins and Chubb.
“DefCon Risk Group was built on the same foundations of expertise, experience and a client-centric approach that has made Equity Risk Partners one of the most trusted brokerages in the industry,” said Hennessy. “Our clients are assured of specialized knowledge, fast and responsive communication and solutions tailored for their specific individual needs.”
DefCon Risk solutions are customized for each client, but common placements/services include:
• Defense Base Act coverage for firms with employees working under government contracts overseas;
• Wrap global/domestic programs, including general liability, automobile, workers’ compensation, foreign voluntary workers’ compensation, umbrella and property coverage;
• Specialty key man and life insurance providing 24 hour protection for employees in high risk situations where workers’ compensation coverage is limited or death benefits are insufficient;
• Tailored professional liability coverage addressing consultative or professional services;
• Customized aviation programs to address companies working in the aerospace sector;
• Nuclear liability placements for companies that work in the nuclear sector;
• Maritime, Bumbershoot and USL&H coverage where applicable;
• Pre-loss claim and post-loss claim services.
For more information about DefCon Risk Group, please visit www.equityrisk.com.